As an individual

Coming to the University

As an individual

You are an "individual” international student

(not coming to Le Mans University as part of an exchange or cooperation program).


Depending on your nationality, level of studies or the type of higher education institution you wish to enroll in, you must follow the corresponding procedure.

More information on the Campus France website


Refer to:

You are an international student (excluding Europe), do not hold a French BAC and are an applicant for the 1st year of a Degree. (Preliminary Admission Application)


Contact the Études en France unit of Le Mans University: campusfrance @

 Le Mans University cannot issue a certificate of accommodation to an individual international student involved in a visa application.




The International Welcome Centre (known as the B.A.I. – Bureau d’Accueil International) welcomes international students upon arrival at Le Mans Université. The B.A.I. accompanies you during your entire stay: they help with administrative procedures and with any questions you may have.


Indicative dates of Le Mans Université academic year for international students

(For exact dates, please contact the departmental coordinator)

Opening of the Vaurouzé student residence (accommodation): late August

Campus d’accueil (welcome French classes): last week in August

Start of semester 1 classes: early September

Information meeting and welcome reception: during September

End of semester 1 exams: mid-January

Start of semester 2 classes: early to mid-January 

End of semester 2: late May

Excursions: all year – you will receive information emails

The B.A.I welcomes international students non-stop at the start of the academic year (late August and during September). The B.A.I is also open all year round


The B.A.I. is situated on the ground floor of the CIeL building :  ri-bai @

You must bring with you your passport or national identity card, and any other useful document (proof of pre-registration or registration in Le Mans Université, insurance documents, welcome convention, European Health Insurance Card, etc.)

Share :

Looking for informations ?