UMR CNRS no. 6613
Head of the Laboratory : Joël Gilbert
Contact : laum @ univ-lemans.fr (laum @ univ-lemans.fr)
Website : http://laum.univ-lemans.fr
The Acoustical Laboratory of the Université du Maine studies acoustics and ultrasonic wawes for non-destructive testing.
The current research topics are :
- Acoustic and Mechanic of Materials. This group studies and characterises absorbing materials (foam, felt, wool...) and granular materials. Non-linear acoustics and non-destructive testing are studied to find defects in materials
- Transducers. This group is interested in analytical and experimental studies on transducers (including miniaturization) and thermo-acoustic refrigeration.
- Waves-guides.This group studies the propagation of wave-guides including flow effects, non-linear effects and coupling with wall vibrations. The applications of this topic extend from airplane noise to musical instruments.
The Laboratory :
- Permanent staff : 15 Professors, 3 Emeritus professors, 21 Assistant Professors, 7 CNRS Researchers, 14 Technical staff
- PhD students : 38
- Main equipment : 2 anechoic chambers, laser vibrometers, laser velocimeters
- Main collaborations : Leuven (Belgium), Edinburgh (Scotland), Eindhoven (Netherlands), Gandia (Spain), Stockholm (Sweden), Sendaï (Japan)...
AIRBUS, KLAXON, CTTM, LNE, CSTB, EDF, SNECMA, RENAULT...